BUSINESS, COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE and TECH GOLDEN INFONUGGETS
We use a powerful method of sharing - post #GoldenInfoNuggets on Social Media multiple times daily or in regular emails (every 5-15 days). We’ve been sharing the essence of articles and a few powerful comments regularly.*
Commercial Real Estate, Technology, Blockchain & AI
- 'The real estate business does compete on deals, but sharing is healthy for everyone,' – #Time Equities Inc.
- 'Data has always been separate repositories… all the companies are trying to figure out how to bring them all together.' – #Rockport VAL.
- 'Now people understand we need to aggregate and consolidate our information,' – #Brookfield Properties
- Need to be 'able to compare any and all datasets across investments, and against market demand' – #ComStak
- 'We do know more transparency means more efficiency' – #Moody’s Analytics' #Harry Blanchard." Lnkd.in/edXqwkG
- "4,900,000 real estate professionals ask, 'how do I use technology and how do the RELATIONSHIPS between my technology help my businesses.' Answer? Each technology brings benefits to the industry, but the COMBINATION of technologies, brings a more COMPLETE tool to create the most BENEFIT on behalf of the end user - investor, developer, broker, lender, owner, service professionals. KNOWLEDGE is power, the more we have the more value we bring to our clients." Lnkd.in/exzH-nY
Saul Klein (46 years, real estate, entrepreneur). LESSON PLAN for the FUTURE -
#DATA and #INFORMATION [regarding "Infonomics," $29 by Gartner]. (#CRE #Technology #Analysis #Business #FinTech #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/e_bTwzZ):
- "Brokers - the #listing information you collect and submit to your #MLS today will someday be the price you pay for access to available property INVENTORY. You may even receive a BONUS for YOUR DATA."
- Klein continues on:
- "PROTECT, CONTROL and MONETIZE your Data;
- There are unique ECONOMICS surround data and information which make it ripe for #monetization; and
- Information has unique CHARACTERISTICS - reusable, liquid, not a capital asset so not taxabel, replicatable, easily transferred and has EXPONENTIAL BENEFITS."
- Office Tenants Expect More Tech. "To stay COMPETITIVE, developers and landlords are being driven to add tandem #telecommunications infrastructure video SCREENS and glass that tints itself automatically. EVERY YEAR, #office technology becomes more advanced, so developers and landlords have to stay on top of the trends or risk falling behind." Lnkd.in/eW8Ez7S
- Funding Report - Mar 2019 - number of companies down, but big jump in Bit.ly/2SLCLNH: , however, January was MASSIVE -
- COMPANIES FUNDED - 22 (-15%) - Jan, 34 (55% MoM from Dec, 21% YoY);
- FUNDING AMOUNT - $1,130B (+45%) - Jan, $7.9B (7192% MoM, 287% YoY);
- MEDIAN FUNDING - $3M (-1%) - Jan, 4.8M (51% MoM, 7% YoY ).
- #COMPANIES TO WATCH: CRM, SaaS, Residential; iBuying, Residential; Energy Infrastructure & Services.
Commercial Real Estate and Business
(30 years - real estate). MAKE GOOD COMMERCIAL #LEASING #DECISIONS (#CRE #Analysis #Business #Data #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/eyrRAnX):
- START ASAP. "Often, companies are surprised by just how long it takes to find an office space that is a good match for their needs and negotiate a fair lease agreement. Starting your search up to a year before you will need to move into your new office can help to ensure that you have enough time to conduct a thorough search and fully evaluate prospective spaces and lease agreements." Lnkd.in/ee9jTbv
- STRATEGIC #PLAN. "Make sure that you have a clear overall #vision of your #strategicplan before you begin your search for an office [or other space]. If your plan includes expanding into a new line of business, you'll want to look for an space that accommodates new #team members." Lnkd.in/eJN8hGf
- DO YOUR #HOMEWORK. "You can't properly evaluate prospective lease #agreements if you don't understand current #market #trends. Take the time to #educate yourself about what companies like yours are paying for rent and which BUILDINGS and LOCATIONS in your geographic area are the most highly sought." Lnkd.in/ddvDcuU
- INVOLVE YOUR #TEAM. "Make sure to get input from every member of your MANAGEMENT TEAM at the start of your search and provide regular UPDATES for ongoing feedback. Each team member has their own UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE on your needs regarding an office. When you involve everyone, you're less likely to overlook anything." And the members continue to feel an integral PART of the Team. Lnkd.in/eGEPcAh
- #SURVEY "your employees to find out what sort of office amenities are most important for them (https://lnkd.in/drzYBq3). You can also find out how many of them drive to work, carpool or use public transportation. This information can help you determine if various buildings will match the needs of your #workers." Lnkd.in/dCPTB5U
- CRUNCH THE NUMBERS [as with any CRE property or business #decision]. "Be sure to go into the SEARCH process with an understanding of how much you can afford to pay for rent and common area maintenance fees from the get-go. Also, FORECAST your finances for the LIFE of prospective leases to see how much your company can afford to pay in terms of rent ESCALATIONS." Lnkd.in/dmAgSSd
- PROFESSIONAL HELP. [The saying, "You think EDUCATION is expensive ... try getting along well without it" goes for leasing, buying and selling CRE as well - go to a Pro!] "A TENANT-REP BROKER can help you make [much] more informed decisions. Representatives bring a wealth of knowledge[, massive #databases and other #professionals] to the #search and #negotiation process, and their services are PAID for by the #landlord, not your company [even though they are built into the CRE #professionalservices]. Lnkd.in/d-TJ8Sj
- BACKUP #PLAN. "Avoid allowing your focus to narrow down to just one building. [RESEARCH SEVERAL through qualified #brokers and top-notch #platforms,* then] submit #proposals to more than one #landlord, so that you'll have at least a second choice already underway if negotiations for your first choice fall through." Lnkd.in/dc3e5qS
- BEYOND THE BUILDING. "The surrounding areas are often as important as your #office space. Walk the streets [if you don't dare, outa there] to take note of the general atmosphere[, services] and what businesses are located nearby," unless you plan to duplicate most of them: #transportation, parking, bike paths, restaurants, healthy fast food (not an oxymoron), grocers, cleaners, auto repair/detailing/rental, business-guest #accomodations and offsite meeting/party rooms, printing, relaxation, green areas, and of course ... coffee shops! Lnkd.in/ebHjyH3
- EXAMINE THOROUGHLY. "Be sure to review the lease carefully and ask for any CLARIFICATIONS before you sign. Commercial leases are LENGTHY documents and can be overwhelming to peruse, so carefully read over every section to ensure that you understand the agreement (from Don's Lnkd.in/eDeDZa4): Parking Accommodations; Signage Rights; Cell Reception; Compliance; Other Tenants; Accessibility; Security; The Neighborhood; Shared Spaces; Your Brand." Lnkd.in/egQkTsE
Frank Kusmer (34 years - finance, M&A). #BRIDGE #LOAN #TIPS. "#Bridgeloans are a form of #debt typically used when #realestate #development and #business need quick, #shortterm financing to meet immediate needs for a few to 24 months." (#CRE #Analysis #Business #Data #Science #FinTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/ex-9fqj):
- "Most bridge loans are asset based - backed by #collateral such as real estate, #equipment or #inventory. They are typically temporary until #longterm financing is secured or until #cash is injected to pay it off, such as from an impending asset #sale. So lenders must see a viable #exit #strategy." Lnkd.in/eTFVkNQ
- QUICK opportunistic purchases.
- CONSTRUCTION completion or renovations.
- Business WORKING CAPITAL for inventory or equipment.
- DISTRESSED BORROWING to avoid credit issues or bankruptcy.
- Bridge to STABILIZATION and other SPECIAL circumstances." Lnkd.in/eVjHgU4
- Provides cash for opportunistic or IMMEDIATE NEEDS.
- Typically EASIER TO OBTAIN, unlike a traditional long-term commercial loan.
- FAST CLOSES are common - 2 to 30 days of a term sheet.
- PREPAYMENT options are often included.
- Some have longer-term financing OPTIONS, and CUSTOMIZED bridge solutions for unique financing requirements to suit a variety of business needs." Lnkd.in/e6NnM3f
- Financing COSTS are typically higher given the fast speed of closing, so bridge loans are used primarily as a SHORT-TERM SOLUTION and not a long-term financing tool.
- The loan must be REPAID MORE QUICKLY, so the debt servicing PAYMENTS will be LARGER. Lenders may also charge additional fees and penalties on late payments.
- Bridge loan financing RELIES ON MORE-PERMANENT FINANCING BEING AVAILABLE, or an impending cash injection such as the SALE of an asset. Lnkd.in/d6mymtX
Alejandro Cremades (14 years - law, finance, entrpreneur). 2012 $400M #PITCHDECK GOT UBER COMPETITOR FUNDED (Cabify - Spain, Portugal, LatAm). (#CRE #Technology #Blockchain #Analysis #Business #Data #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/ebz2622):
- Good TEMPLATE list: Problem; Solution; Market Size; Product; Traction; Team; Competition; Financials; Amount being raised.” (If #equity, make sure the raise and (especially a % of) #profit are not both exposed in a public pitch, to stay in SEC compliance.)
- However: I'd move the Team up to right after Solution, because "the TEAM IS the SOLUTION," and ...
- Looks like lots more than 10 slides. I like the formula "10 slides, 20 minutes, 30pt type" (w/ mostly BULLETS and GRAPHICS versus text). THEN go to a PRIVATE room for more extensive slides and documents (starting with the very-important "subscriber questionnaire") before making the OFFER.
- See STARTUP STEPS (Lnkd.in/bDJ4GFD) for the base plan refined over 25 years of helping startups and 40 years of creating 7+ startups, with 5 books, 5 major websites, 50+ seminars, 100s of articles and 500+ GOLDEN INFO NUGGETS (Lnkd.in/eEuhFjA).
Much more from earlier and originals at our LinkedIn Posts
USA 302KentonJ (GoogleVoice 302-536-8665 to mobile and Hangouts)
NOTE: We do ANALYSIS of Real Estate LEASEES, PROPERTIES, BUSINESSES and STARTUPS
Of those who we've shared, the savvy ones Like, Comment or Re-Share these #GoldenInfoNuggets as additional exposure, as well as serve the community and remind their followers of their wisdom.