- Quickly consumed, memorable and powerful
- Linked to the source for much-deeper information
- The editing and summaries show understanding and thought leadership
- Commercial Real Estate, Business Consulting, and Thought and Executive Leadership
- We share on: LinkedIn (company), LinkedIn (personal), Twitter (automatically from LinkedIn), Google+, Facebook (company), and often Facebook (personal), then highlighted on this (weekly), as a (weekly) and our (semi-monthly)
- A full list of these “Updates” is at
Of those shared, the savvy ones Like or Comment on these "Golden Nuggets" as additional exposure, as well as serve the community and remind their followers of their wisdom.
BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE GOLDEN NUGGETS - SEPTEMBER 4-7
- KEEP THE END IN MIND. "Focus all you do to reach your goals, no matter how much you would otherwise dislike the task. Perspective is everything, and it's necessary to find enjoyment in the seemingly unenjoyable tasks. If your end goal is worthy then you should love any task you perform to reach it. –David Tomas, General Manager, (Edited)
- More next week
- "Proper RECORD KEEPING, is too-often lacking among busy entrepreneurs, It's critical to maintain detailed professional financial records and annual fiscal statements, or you'll turn off a lender and shows poor managerial skills." (Edited - from last week)
- "YOUR PLAN: Be fully prepared with a current business plan, showing past performance of your company, exactly how you will be spending the amount loaned, the competitive advantages, projected results and your capability to service the debt." (Edited - from last week)
- "TIMING. Borrowing when your business is weak or heading into a crisis may cost more [if still possible]. Anticipate and plan for all your cash flow or project requirements, and seek financing [well] before you start to feel the pinch." (Edited)
- More next week
- LEADERs - DON’T PRETEND TO BE AN EXPERT! "Workers know more about their job than their bosses [and dig deeper to stay up with tech]. So how do you lead today’s highly-skilled professionals? Passion, support growth, value time, build networks and expand meaning," (Edited - from last week)
- "PASSION. Many professionals work long hours, so it’s more crucial than ever that they love their work. Those who LEAD by example and DEMONSTRATE passion help their followers infuse the same passion." (Edited - from last week)
- "STRENGTHEN ABILITIES. It’s critical that people update and refine their skills continuously. Leaders need to help their workers learn skills for tomorrow. Leaders also recognize that they may not be a technically competent as their direct reports." (Edited)
- "APPRECIATE TIME: People have less time today, so the value of that time has increased. Leaders who waste their workers’ time are not looked upon favorably. Instead, they should help people to encourage their passions or enhance their abilities." (Edited)
- "BUILD NETWORKS. Job security comes from having ability, passion and a great network. Enable people to form strong networks both inside and outside the company for: huge competitive advantage, strong loyalty, and expansion of knowledge for all concerned." (Edited)
- "SUPPORT GROWTH: The best knowledge workers are working for more than money. They want to make a contribution and to grow in their fields. Leaders who ask their people, 'What can our company do to help you grow and achieve your goals?' will come back tenfold." (Edited)
- "EXPAND HAPPINESS and MEANING: No one wants to work at a meaningless job that makes them unhappy. Leaders must show their workers how the organization can help them make a contribution to the larger world and feel rewarded for doing something about which they are passionate."
- "FREE ONLINE ADVERTISING. Free advertising is offered by the top search engines: Google, Yahoo, Bing and Apple business listings. Search engines are competing for customers so need timely information." (Edited - from last week)
- "DIY MARKETING EDUCATION. A few small moves could save a lot of time and money. Rushing to 'make some money becomes a hodgepodge approach versus a clear understanding of marketing ROI. Learn the right questions, know the alternatives and time-lines, and use simple techniques and processes that don't require much technical skill or time." (Edited)
- "Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Social Engine Marketing (SEM). Oftentimes a customized balance combining the two is best. There are many 'hows' with using SEO and SEM, but simple tweaks, insights and basic knowledge often make a huge difference." (Edited)
- "HIGH-PERFORMANCE DIGITAL TEAM, responsible for developing, testing, and implementing a strategy to reach and engage target audiences through digital channels like web, mobile, and social, working hand-in-hand with marketing and product leaders." (Edited - from last week)
- "CONSUMER EXPERIENCE must drive your consumer or 'user-facing' strategy. Don't believe you know what it "should be" - dooms you to failure. 'If you build it, they will NOT come' is a mantra that might have saved many entrepreneurs from disappointment and defeat!" (Edited - from last week)
- "'Instill a VISION of the fundamental change you want and how digital transformation can deliver it' (Perry Hewitt). These discussions are shifting more from the 'how' to the 'who,' as much about human capital investment as delivering new products and services." (Edited)
- "Embed DATA-INFORMED thinking in the culture. Understand what to track, and create a culture of continuous measurement. Be careful that people do not become obsessed with the numbers for numbers’ sake. Define what is actionable, and use data to drive that action."
- "COLLABORATION IS KEY. ['Collaboration' is one of my Mantras - KHJ.] Communication difficulties and old rules of business have conditioned workers to AVOID collaboration. Learning to collaborate is not just competitively advantageous in a digital transformation economy, but it is a means of rediscovering our natural, creative and decidedly social selves."
Much more from earlier at LinkedIn.ProsperSystems.biz
LinkedIn • LinkedIn Company Page • Google+ • Twitter • Facebook • Facebook Company Page • USA 302KentonJ (GoogleVoice 302-536-8665 to mobile and Hangouts)