BUSINESS, COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE and TECH GOLDEN INFONUGGETS
We use a powerful method of sharing - post #GoldenInfoNuggets on Social Media multiple times daily or in regular emails (every 5-15 days). We’ve been sharing the essence of articles and a few powerful comments regularly.*
Commercial Real Estate, Technology, Blockchain & AI
- 'The real estate business does compete on deals, but sharing is healthy for everyone,' – #Time Equities Inc.
- 'Data has always been separate repositories… all the companies are trying to figure out how to bring them all together.' – #Rockport VAL.
- 'Now people understand we need to aggregate and consolidate our information,' – #Brookfield Properties
- Need to be 'able to compare any and all datasets across investments, and against market demand' – #ComStak
- 'We do know more transparency means more efficiency' – #Moody’s Analytics' #Harry Blanchard." Lnkd.in/edXqwkG
- "4,900,000 real estate professionals ask, 'how do I use technology and how do the RELATIONSHIPS between my technology help my businesses.' Answer? Each technology brings benefits to the industry, but the COMBINATION of technologies, brings a more COMPLETE tool to create the most BENEFIT on behalf of the end user - investor, developer, broker, lender, owner, service professionals. KNOWLEDGE is power, the more we have the more value we bring to our clients." Lnkd.in/exzH-nY
Robert Thornburgh (18 years - real estate). #TECH REPLACING #BROKERS? “Regardless of what outside speculation may suggest, [#CRE] #brokerage and the role of the #sales #professional isn’t going away; #relationships and the corresponding trust that accompanies this #interpersonal dynamic matter (#Technology #AI #Blockchain #Analysis #Business #Data #Science #FinTech #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness; edited - Article):
- #Specialists Know the Business Inside and Out;
- The #StoryTelling Matters;
- Real Estate Transactions are Highly #Complex.” LinkedIn Comment
#DATA and #INFORMATION [regarding "Infonomics," $29 by Gartner]. (#CRE #Technology #Analysis #Business #FinTech #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/e_bTwzZ):
- "Brokers - the #listing information you collect and submit to your #MLS today will someday be the price you pay for access to available property INVENTORY. You may even receive a BONUS for YOUR DATA."
- Klein continues on:
- "PROTECT, CONTROL and MONETIZE your Data;
- There are unique ECONOMICS surround data and information which make it ripe for #monetization; and
- Information has unique CHARACTERISTICS - reusable, liquid, not a capital asset so not taxable, replicable, easily transferred and has EXPONENTIAL BENEFITS."
- Office Tenants Expect More Tech. "To stay COMPETITIVE, developers and landlords are being driven to add tandem #telecommunications infrastructure video SCREENS and glass that tints itself automatically. EVERY YEAR, #office technology becomes more advanced, so developers and landlords have to stay on top of the trends or risk falling behind." Lnkd.in/eW8Ez7S
- Funding Report - Mar 2019 - number of companies down, but big jump in Bit.ly/2SLCLNH: , however, January was MASSIVE -
- COMPANIES FUNDED - 22 (-15%) - Jan, 34 (55% MoM from Dec, 21% YoY);
- FUNDING AMOUNT - $1,130B (+45%) - Jan, $7.9B (7192% MoM, 287% YoY);
- MEDIAN FUNDING - $3M (-1%) - Jan, 4.8M (51% MoM, 7% YoY ).
- #COMPANIES TO WATCH: CRM, SaaS, Residential; iBuying, Residential; Energy Infrastructure & Services.
Called 'CRE Tech 2.0,' many have realized that it’s all about connectivity for serving end users.
If a #Brokerage uses three platforms, it’s important to work back and forth between them, without blockages - technical, jealousy, obselesence or errors.
#Technology #AI #Analysis #Business #FinTech #PropTech #Research #Startup (edited) Lnkd.in/gUCZ8ry
*#Integrated #Broker / #Investor / #Developer / #Lender / #ServiceProfessional #Platform. #EARLY #FREE ACCESS: Lnkd.in/dedFk_p
Commercial Real Estate and BusinessMichael Boggiano (34 years - sales, finance). US GROCERY STORE OPENINGS JUMPED 30% in 2018. #Retail may be faltering in general, but #grocery stores provide so many #products, in addition to "our daily bread," and sometimes above-average #CX and new #tech (missing pieces in retail). Amazon will push the envelope further via Whole Foods. #Analysis #Business #Data #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #AI #Blockchain #DataScience. Article
. BUSINESS VALUATION: ART or SCIENCE? "Approaches to Measuring Value (#CRE #Technology #Analysis #Business #Data #FinTech #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #STEM; edited -LinkedIn Article):
- Future EARNINGS and CASH FLOW capacity of the business and to discount those future cash flows to a PRESENT VALUE;
- Benchmark MARKET PRICES of either similar companies then apply that pricing to the subject company through the use of MULTIPLES;
Sarah Malcolm (17 years - marketing, PR, sales) of The Content Funnel. BEST PRACTICES for SHARING CONTENT - "Do in your emails, blogs, and social media to encourage sharing: make it EASY, ENGAGE, RECIPROCATE and #COLLABORATE." (#CRE #Technology #Analysis #Business #Data #Startup #FinTech #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness - LinkedIn Article):
(30 years - real estate). BEFORE DOING an #OFFICE #BUILDOUT (#CRE #Analysis #Business #Data #PropTech #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/eq6fcCN):
- "BUILD AN ALLIANCE to BRING IN REFERRALS, ADVANCED INFO, REFERRAL INCOME and DEALS. Retweet or a comment EVERY posting; work with non-competing businesses providers; AGREE to share content from each's sources; follow through.
- INCENTIVE. Share others' posts, with acolades, on your platforms - incentivizes them to return the favor.
- PROMOTION. If asking for promotion help, provide: link(s), copy, optimized image(s), calendar links, etc. Too EASY to NOT share.
- RETWEET and SHARING. Add clicks to share on LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. The sharer will add extra content to enhance their thought leadership.
- MOVING SHARE BUTTONS on ARTICLES and BLOGS. Share buttons that scroll with your web page are the best IF they don't obscure your text. Readers may forget to share they reached the bottom, if buttons are static." LinkedIn Post
- Nailing the perfect office build-out will be crucial in having business success in your office space." Lnkd.in/eZzz7PQ
- "WRITE #BUDGET and discuss it with your #landlord - consider the following:
- What IMPROVEMENTS will be made?
- Who PAYS for these improvements?
- Who will be IN CHARGE of getting the work done?
- What will you be PERMITTED / REQUIRED TO REMOVE at the end of the lease?
- Put in WRITING to be clear with LESS CONFUSION." [Then monitor like a hawk.] Lnkd.in/euDht6Q
- SPATIAL NEEDS. "Although it is essential to provide a MIX of OPEN and FIXED office space, you should consider the teams and workers who will use the space, since the future of the workplace is WORKER-FOCUSED. Some workers who require PRIVACY for deep work, so design fixed spaces that will accommodate them. Those who prefer [constant] COLLABORATIONS will enjoy open space."
- #SURVEY, discuss, re-design as needed, AND build in flexibilty, such as MOVABLE walls, #VIDEO conferencing / large SCREENS / digital WHITEBOARDS to turn fixed spaces into VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ROOMS and scheduled open spaces for SHORT-TERM collaboration, mini CONFERENCES and company / worker PRESENTATIONS. Lnkd.in/dX3ZaTD
- THE LITTLE SPACES. "Storage spaces, server rooms, and even alcoves for printers, decorative items or water coolers, all take up relatively little space. When taken into early consideration, you will be able to do more [creatively]."
- Some mostly-open space offices, for instance, are now retrofitting with QUIET / PRIVATE areas into those spaces: phone booths, surround chairs, small 2-4 person conference rooms with video and better audio, relaxation / sleep chairs, gaming, etc. Lnkd.in/diXW--G
- #AMENITY SPACES. "Don't forget that designing your own build-out also means building your own playrooms, #fitness centers and conference areas. Having amenity spaces help in attracting younger workers who are highly creative [and social]."
- These areas are important for #wellness, #team building, camaraderie, social gatherings and #presentations, competitions, meetups and #networking with collaborative people and groups, #PR functions and myriad other possibilities. Lnkd.in/ehwjT5i
- WORKPLACE #CULTURE. "It is easy to focus on the structures and forget the culture. According to a recent study conducted by Deloitte, 94% of executives and 88% of employees believe a distinct workplace culture is important to business success. Hence, it is no longer an option - it is essential. Find out your company's culture, and consider it as you design the office space - build your identity into the office space." Lnkd.in/eFWVzSC
- #WINDOWS! "Make the fullest use of windows. More windows should be located in offices than conference rooms, to provide #natural lighting in office areas that are used daily."
- However, provide shades or #adjustabletinting for direct morning and afternoon sun to reduce #eyestrain, take advantage of south or bounced light for #plants, and see more at Don's Lnkd.in/eaucDMZ "#GreenOffice" article. Lnkd.in/dNdHc3p
- WIRING. "Business still runs on wires. By including more cables in your office build-out, users will have more opportunities to send large volumes of data via the #Ethernet without interference [and to interconnect the many non-computer devices now needing Internet access - #IoT]. Also set up to charge battery devices [in lower-voltage outlets]."
- Also consider an internal #WiFi for roving devices, and the other #Technology advances described at Don's Lnkd.in/eB9UViH, Lnkd.in/eF3c9-Z and Lnkd.in/dhPnz3i articles. Lnkd.in/e5DQMbS
- "Most bridge loans are asset based - backed by #collateral such as real estate, #equipment or #inventory. They are typically temporary until #longterm financing is secured or until #cash is injected to pay it off, such as from an impending asset #sale. So lenders must see a viable #exit #strategy." Lnkd.in/eTFVkNQ
- QUICK opportunistic purchases.
- CONSTRUCTION completion or renovations.
- Business WORKING CAPITAL for inventory or equipment.
- DISTRESSED BORROWING to avoid credit issues or bankruptcy.
- Bridge to STABILIZATION and other SPECIAL circumstances." Lnkd.in/eVjHgU4
- Provides cash for opportunistic or IMMEDIATE NEEDS.
- Typically EASIER TO OBTAIN, unlike a traditional long-term commercial loan.
- FAST CLOSES are common - 2 to 30 days of a term sheet.
- PREPAYMENT options are often included.
- Some have longer-term financing OPTIONS, and CUSTOMIZED bridge solutions for unique financing requirements to suit a variety of business needs." Lnkd.in/e6NnM3f
- Financing COSTS are typically higher given the fast speed of closing, so bridge loans are used primarily as a SHORT-TERM SOLUTION and not a long-term financing tool.
- The loan must be REPAID MORE QUICKLY, so the debt servicing PAYMENTS will be LARGER. Lenders may also charge additional fees and penalties on late payments.
- Bridge loan financing RELIES ON MORE-PERMANENT FINANCING BEING AVAILABLE, or an impending cash injection such as the SALE of an asset. Lnkd.in/d6mymtX
Alejandro Cremades (14 years - law, finance, entrpreneur). 2012 $400M #PITCHDECK GOT UBER COMPETITOR FUNDED (Cabify - Spain, Portugal, LatAm). (#CRE #Technology #Blockchain #Analysis #Business #Data #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/ebz2622):
- Good TEMPLATE list: Problem; Solution; Market Size; Product; Traction; Team; Competition; Financials; Amount being raised.” (If #equity, make sure the raise and (especially a % of) #profit are not both exposed in a public pitch, to stay in SEC compliance.)
- However: I'd move the Team up to right after Solution, because "the TEAM IS the SOLUTION," and ...
- Looks like lots more than 10 slides. I like the formula "10 slides, 20 minutes, 30pt type" (w/ mostly BULLETS and GRAPHICS versus text). THEN go to a PRIVATE room for more extensive slides and documents (starting with the very-important "subscriber questionnaire") before making the OFFER.
- See STARTUP STEPS (Lnkd.in/bDJ4GFD) for the base plan refined over 25 years of helping startups and 40 years of creating 7+ startups, with 5 books, 5 major websites, 50+ seminars, 100s of articles and 500+ GOLDEN INFO NUGGETS (Lnkd.in/eEuhFjA).
(30 years - real estate). MAKE GOOD COMMERCIAL #LEASING #DECISIONS (#CRE #Analysis #Business #Data #Research #Expansion #Investment #SmallBusiness #Startup; edited - Lnkd.in/eyrRAnX):
- START ASAP. "Often, companies are surprised by just how long it takes to find an office space that is a good match for their needs and negotiate a fair lease agreement. Starting your search up to a year before you will need to move into your new office can help to ensure that you have enough time to conduct a thorough search and fully evaluate prospective spaces and lease agreements." Lnkd.in/ee9jTbv
- STRATEGIC #PLAN. "Make sure that you have a clear overall #vision of your #strategicplan before you begin your search for an office [or other space]. If your plan includes expanding into a new line of business, you'll want to look for an space that accommodates new #team members." Lnkd.in/eJN8hGf
- DO YOUR #HOMEWORK. "You can't properly evaluate prospective lease #agreements if you don't understand current #market #trends. Take the time to #educate yourself about what companies like yours are paying for rent and which BUILDINGS and LOCATIONS in your geographic area are the most highly sought." Lnkd.in/ddvDcuU
- INVOLVE YOUR #TEAM. "Make sure to get input from every member of your MANAGEMENT TEAM at the start of your search and provide regular UPDATES for ongoing feedback. Each team member has their own UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE on your needs regarding an office. When you involve everyone, you're less likely to overlook anything." And the members continue to feel an integral PART of the Team. Lnkd.in/eGEPcAh
- #SURVEY "your employees to find out what sort of office amenities are most important for them (https://lnkd.in/drzYBq3). You can also find out how many of them drive to work, carpool or use public transportation. This information can help you determine if various buildings will match the needs of your #workers." Lnkd.in/dCPTB5U
- CRUNCH THE NUMBERS [as with any CRE property or business #decision]. "Be sure to go into the SEARCH process with an understanding of how much you can afford to pay for rent and common area maintenance fees from the get-go. Also, FORECAST your finances for the LIFE of prospective leases to see how much your company can afford to pay in terms of rent ESCALATIONS." Lnkd.in/dmAgSSd
- PROFESSIONAL HELP. [The saying, "You think EDUCATION is expensive ... try getting along well without it" goes for leasing, buying and selling CRE as well - go to a Pro!] "A TENANT-REP BROKER can help you make [much] more informed decisions. Representatives bring a wealth of knowledge[, massive #databases and other #professionals] to the #search and #negotiation process, and their services are PAID for by the #landlord, not your company [even though they are built into the CRE #professionalservices]. Lnkd.in/d-TJ8Sj
- BACKUP #PLAN. "Avoid allowing your focus to narrow down to just one building. [RESEARCH SEVERAL through qualified #brokers and top-notch #platforms,* then] submit #proposals to more than one #landlord, so that you'll have at least a second choice already underway if negotiations for your first choice fall through." Lnkd.in/dc3e5qS
- BEYOND THE BUILDING. "The surrounding areas are often as important as your #office space. Walk the streets [if you don't dare, outa there] to take note of the general atmosphere[, services] and what businesses are located nearby," unless you plan to duplicate most of them: #transportation, parking, bike paths, restaurants, healthy fast food (not an oxymoron), grocers, cleaners, auto repair/detailing/rental, business-guest #accomodations and offsite meeting/party rooms, printing, relaxation, green areas, and of course ... coffee shops! Lnkd.in/ebHjyH3
- EXAMINE THOROUGHLY. "Be sure to review the lease carefully and ask for any CLARIFICATIONS before you sign. Commercial leases are LENGTHY documents and can be overwhelming to peruse, so carefully read over every section to ensure that you understand the agreement (from Don's Lnkd.in/eDeDZa4): Parking Accommodations; Signage Rights; Cell Reception; Compliance; Other Tenants; Accessibility; Security; The Neighborhood; Shared Spaces; Your Brand." Lnkd.in/egQkTsE
USA 302KentonJ (GoogleVoice 302-536-8665 to mobile and Hangouts)
NOTE: We do ANALYSIS of Real Estate LEASEES, PROPERTIES, BUSINESSES and STARTUPS
Of those who we've shared, the savvy ones Like, Comment or Re-Share these #GoldenInfoNuggets as additional exposure, as well as serve the community and remind their followers of their wisdom.