Being basically lazy, I've learned the easy/smart/fast ways of doing many things, especially in technology. You might like some of these:
- For a private street address, obtain the least-expensive local PO Box and use the Post Office's address, e.g., 280 East 1st Avenue, Suite pobox, NearestBigCity ST zipcode ($11/quarter at USPS including forwarding – beats the UPS store: $60-$75/quarter plus $30 & postage for forwarding).
- For a quick, free yet classy business webpage, create a LinkedIn Company page, buy a company domain name (Best supported from GoDaddy.com), then point it to the new Company Page. You can also buy a personal domain name and point it to your personal LinkedIn page, then you are done for the year.
- If you want to get fancier, GoDaddy.com has 1- to unlimited-page website builders for $1-$7 per month, paid annually, including a domain name at no charge (best deal in the country now – I'm experimenting with the new, 10-page $4/month version now that automatically makes a customizable mobile version (the wave of the future)
- When you buy a domain name, buy as much of the domain suite as you can – .com, .biz, .org, .info, .net, .me, us, .ws – saves money (usually ~$5 vs $10) ... and ... discourages some foreigner from buying one of them then trying to sell it back to you for $600.
- Sub-domains are a way to quickly and distinctly access parts of your website, stand-alone webpages and others' webpages, or address stored documents, without buying more domain names. You can also change the contents and re-direct anytime, without having to notify your clients and associates. GoDaddy.com allows at least 99 sub-domains per domain. Examples: NDNCA-S.pskhj.com (very short, TXT file), GOgitMMM.ProsperSystems.biz (Advanced Internet Marketing, WEB landing page), Abcrr.ProsperSystems.biz (Downloadable Collaborator Application, XLS file*), KentonHJohnson.TopVitas.com (resume, PDF), Linkedin.KentonHJohnson.com (LinkedIn profile, WEB page), as well as our Brief, Collaboration and CCO webpages.
- It is much smarter to have your own domain with associated email address, such email@KentonHJohnson.com, re-directed to your current email address (which is currently on gMail). You can change the email server without notice, and not have to go through the lengthy notification and conversion processes.
- That also goes for phone number(s). 800/877/866/855 phone numbers can be re-directed quickly, but sometimes at a fee, so I use Google Voice which can be accessed from anywhere in the world, and rings my home, mobile and Skype numbers, as well as transcribes to text mail. The actual numbers are kept private and can change whenever I want. (Ringing my Skype is sometimes more obvious than my phone, especially if I've left it on silent or elsewhere.) Vanity numbers such as my 302KentonJ and 888-4KENTON might also be available.
- Sync all your files to the "Cloud" so you can access them from anywhere on any smart device – can even send to your printer or others' that you add (recommend DropBox.com). You can share folders with others for instant Collaboration (restrict invitations from your invitees unless they are very close)
- HootSuite.com simultaneously posts to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media accounts (but not Google+ personal account only the business account at this point), saving posting each yourself (or hire someone to). It can also schedule them for later, and you can submit a spreadsheet with date, time, message and accounts for several future posts. Some websites will allow you to post their article or page directly through HootSuite.
- Sometimes, a smart device like a tablet or smart phone, has more user functionality, especially for social media posting (such as to HootSuite)
- For professionals, and small businessmen, who don't have a lawyer on retainer for their personal or small business questions – traffic, contracts, wills, accounting, collections, rentals, etc – or be represented in legal actions – disputes, infractions, audits, etc. See SeekWiseCounsel.biz for excellent service in US and Canada..
- Consulting as a professional or in addition to your "day" profession or business can be much more lucrative per hour if you help start-ups, expansions and mature companies for equity and stipend as consultant, adviser, board member or officer. It takes longer to see the money, but can make you wealthy, allow you to retire early then become a seed capitalist for more rewards: personal, professional and financial. See out latest Brief.ProsperSystems.biz for ideas and opportunities. Current projects will be worth $80K to $8M each to four Referrers and Collaborators (participants) ... so far. Happy to answer your questions.
Please post your suggestions. We'll update this list on this Blog with the direct sub-domain, BetterBusOps.pskhj.com
*NOTE on LINKS: those that are to "download" will be in your Downloads folder (in Chrome), you'll be asked where to put them (Internet Explorer or Firefox) or SD card (mobile devices).